|SPN-1120||Elementary Spanish I 1||4|
|SPN-1220||Elementary Spanish II 1||4|
|SPN-2200||Intermediate Spanish I||4|
|SPN-2300||Intermediate Spanish II||4|
|Select any other 3000-level Spanish course||4|
Those students with sufficient experience or background in Spanish are encouraged to begin coursework at the 2000-level. These students will complete the 20 semester hours required for the minor through additional courses at the 3000-level or higher. Please see an academic advisor for details.
Regulations Governing Minors
- Minors at Aurora University are optional. They are not required for graduation.
- A minor shall comprise a minimum of 18 semester hours.
- At least 25% of the credits applied to a minor must be earned at AU.
- Each minor must be developed and monitored by an approved program committee of the faculty; new or substantially revised minors require the approval of the Board of Trustees based on recommendations from the program committee, the appropriate school/college governance bodies, the Academic Dean, appropriate university governance bodies, the Chief Academic Officer, and the President.
- Beyond the minimum coursework requirement, the content, structure, and extent of a minor are prerogatives of the individual program committees within the schools and colleges of the university, except as otherwise defined or restricted by the academic regulations.
- No “D” will apply toward minors.
- A maximum of four (4) semester hours of credit/no credit coursework will apply toward a minor.
Upon completion of a minor or major area of study in a foreign language at AU, each student will:
Communicate in a grammatically correct manner (effective communication, intellectual development).
Demonstrate core knowledge related to areas such as literature, media, current events/topics (critical thinking, effective communication, responsible citizenship).
Demonstrate proficiency in using the second language (effective communication, discovery, reflection).
Identify realistic career goals and how speaking, writing, listening and reading in and with the Spanish language will assist them.