|ENG-3510||Gender and Literature||4|
|SOC/PSY-3430||Issues in the Study of Gender and Sexuality||4|
|Select 12 semester hours of the following:||12|
|Introduction to U.S. Latino/a Literature|
|Women in American History|
|Latinos and Latinas in the United States|
|Philosophy of Love and Sex|
|Comparative Public Policy|
|Politics of Intimate Relations|
In addition to these, selected topics courses in various disciplines with content related to gender studies may count for the minor hours with prior approval of the Department Chair.
Regulations Governing Minors
- Minors at Aurora University are optional. They are not required for graduation.
- A minor shall comprise a minimum of 18 semester hours.
- At least 25% of the credits applied to a minor must be earned at AU.
- Each minor must be developed and monitored by an approved program committee of the faculty; new or substantially revised minors require the approval of the Board of Trustees based on recommendations from the program committee, the appropriate school/college governance bodies, the Academic Dean, appropriate university governance bodies, the Chief Academic Officer, and the President.
- Beyond the minimum coursework requirement, the content, structure, and extent of a minor are prerogatives of the individual program committees within the schools and colleges of the university, except as otherwise defined or restricted by the academic regulations.
- No “D” will apply toward minors.
- A maximum of four (4) semester hours of credit/no credit coursework will apply toward a minor.