Available on the Aurora and Woodstock Center campuses.
The primary goal of this endorsement program is to provide candidates with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to provide special education leadership at the building or school district level. Candidates who complete this program and successfully complete the required State of Illinois examination will receive Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) endorsement as a special education director. Potential candidates should check with the Center for Graduate Studies for further information.
- A valid Professional Educator License with an LBS1 endorsement or school service area of school social work, school psychology or speech/language pathology; a Type#75 Administrative License or Principal Endorsement, and current position
- A current resume documenting required teaching and leadership experience
- One letter of recommendation
- At least two years of professional experience working with special populations in a Pre–K through 12/age 21 setting, using LBS1 or school service area PEL
In addition to the aforementioned program admission requirements, twelve (12) semester hours are required for the Special Education Director endorsement.
|Supervisor of Programs for Children with Disabilities
|Special Education Finance
|School Leadership and the Law for Special Populations
|Current Research in Cross-Categorical Special Education Programming and Assessment
Academic Standards and Evaluation in Graduate Education Programs
Upon completion of each course, letter grades are assigned to each candidate. At the graduate level, a “C” grade indicates less than complete mastery of the content and methods of the course. Only two grades of “C” are accepted at the graduate level.
- Candidates will demonstrate content knowledge in their program.
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to create an appropriate environment.
- Candidates will demonstrate ability to provide a supportive environment for student learning.
- Candidates will demonstrate success in Clinical Placements.
- Candidates will demonstrate the dispositions necessary for professional educators.
- Programs will demonstrate ability to produce professional educator.