Aurora University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program as well as other federal GI Bill® Benefits. The first step in utilizing veteran benefits is to apply through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Every veteran student receiving benefits is required to submit a copy of his/her DD-214-Member 4 to the Office of Financial Aid, the certifying office for veteran benefits. Additionally, if the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) is available, a copy of this should be submitted as well. For more information on utilizing veteran benefits at AU, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
A person who has served in the United States Armed Forces and wishes to use veterans’ benefits to attend Aurora University must contact the university’s Veterans Affairs Certifying Official in the Office of Financial Aid. Veterans must follow the admission requirements and procedures outlined in this catalog. For certification of eligibility for education benefits under one of the public laws, application for Veterans Administration benefits is made through the Veterans Affairs Certifying Official.
Aurora University will not take any of the four following actions toward any student using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill ® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while their payment from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs is pending to Aurora University:
- Prevent enrollment
- Assess a late penalty fee
- Require they secure alternative or additional funding
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class
- Provide written request to be certified
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies (see our VA School Certifying Official for all requirements).